Senior Visual Designer/Creative Director Contractor
Sliced Bread Design is on the lookout for a very Senior Visual Designer/Creative Director with a distinct point of view on a weekly part-time retainer basis. This person will focus on building Sliced Bread's brand from a visual design perspective and will integrate into UX projects from start to finish to set the design direction.
We are a boutique user experience design agency working on interesting, complex human/tech interaction problems. We have a collaborative, friendly, flexible environment in Mountain View, CA. We’d like you to join us in the office 1-2 days a week -- the remainder of the work can be offsite.
Here’s what will make a good match:
- You have worked closely with UX Designers in the past and have great ideas about how to incorporate visual design into the UX Design process. You want to do more than just design -- you want to implement your agency workflow ideas.
- Your portfolio shows many examples of beautiful visual design for rich interactions, such as dashboards, complex forms, and transactional sites like personal finance or IT management. If your portfolio is mostly marketing sites or e-commerce sites this is not the right position for you.
- Your portfolio also shows strong examples of branding, thinking through not only a logo, but how a visual system can carry through into a product.
- You can be a strong voice of visual design with our clients.
- You love getting user feedback on your designs.
- You’re smart and motivated. You get up to speed quickly and enjoy tough design problems.
If this describes you, we’re guessing you’ve got options. So what makes Sliced Bread special? We combine a single-minded passion for doing high-quality work with a uniquely flexible working environment. Our world headquarters is a sunny, friendly home office where we all work on Tuesdays and Thursdays; the rest of the week, we collaborate remotely from wherever we like. Katrina Alcorn, designer and author of Maxed Out, sums us up well: "Everyone is just focused on doing great work, and doing it efficiently so they can enjoy their lives.”
Sound like a good fit? Email email@example.com with a link to your portfolio, resume, rate, and availability. We’re still thinking about how this role would work and are open to exploring various ways to structure it. Let’s chat if you’re interested.